Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Personal Profile - Holland Roden

As a film enthusiast, my options for a personal profile analysis was nearly unlimited. My first picks sprang from a number of my favorite tv shows, but I finally decided on my favorite red-headed actress, Holland Roden. I first discovered the up and coming actress from the MTV show Teen Wolf, but after reading several personal profiles on her, I learned that she is no stranger to prime time television. She's starred in shows like Lost, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Weeds. Coming up on her agenda, between seasons of Teen Wolf, where she plays one of the lead characters, Lydia Martin, Roden is scheduled to film for Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, and even lead in an independent horror film, House of Dust. The actress, 26, was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, where she was drawn to the arts at an early age. At only six years old, she put on one-woman plays for her family, primarily personating the Queen of England. Later, Holland moved to Los Angeles to start her career. She began studying molecular biology at UCLA, but after a year of schooling, she realized how much she missed acting. Two months into hiring an agent, she was booked to star in an HBO show, which later got cancelled before it aired. However, Roden would not let that bring her down, and she continued on her path.

Going into this assingment, I feared I wouldn't be able to find enough information to write a decent analysis and review, but I found several sources that gave me what I needed. Using websites such as IMBD, Hollywood Profile and Wikipedia, it was interesting to compare and contrast how each site created a personal profile for Holland. Each personal profile offered something different, but they all used the same basic structure. Starting with the actress and what she was best known for, they lead into her background information, beginning with where she was born, to how she got into acting, to where she went to school. One in particular offered a little more personal information, outside Holland's professional life, which I though was welcomed. Some of the profiles also supplied a more basic "profile" that included statistics of a general overview of Holland, like her appearance, roles, etc. Each profile ended with where her career was headed, and what roles she might pick up in the future, as well as a little more personal information on the actress like what she enjoyed to do in her free time. All in all, the profiles were structured in the same basic manner, but it worked for all of them because they flowed easily and were simple to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment